Saturday, January 12, 2008

Breast Cancer Changed My Reality

Reality is what we believe in our mind to be true. First we believe it, and then we perceive it as our reality. If we believe in something strongly enough it becomes our reality.
When I was battling with breast cancer, my breast cancer became to be my reality.
For generations and generations, our parents, grandparents, teachers, and every one else who had great influence in molding our life, have indoctrinated us to believe in certain things.
Here is a short story to demonstrate how beliefs were created, so you can understand what I mean.
This lady was trimming her rose bushes all the way to the bottom of the stem. Her daughter asked her why was she trimming the roses all the way to the bottom. The lady answered, "Because my mother used to do so."
So, they went to the grandmother and asked her the same question. The grandmothers' answer was that her mother used to do so. When the great-grandmother was asked the same question, she said, because the pot was small.
You see, one person's action, turned into a 4-generation belief. And that's what I call mass conscious belief.
There are many different realities, beliefs, cultures, and traditions in the world. But we are all connected to one universal power. Our beliefs are the only thing that separates us.
The writing of this article is the result of me believing in myself. That, in turn, created the magic in my life. Even my breast cancer did not stop me from expressing myself.
"Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny." --Tryon Edwards
What do you think you might accomplish if you change your reality?
With much Love and Laughter,
Lea Yekutiel - authorMaking the Breast of It:Overcoming Fear of Intimacy After Breast Cancerhttp://www.ilovemybreastcancer.comhttp://www.wordpress.com/breastcancernmastectomyhttp://www.squidoo.com/ilovemybreastcancer
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lea_B._Yekutiel

No comments: